- Sherwen L, Tross S. Psychosocial Research Concerning Children, Families, and HIV/AIDS. In: Boyd-Franklin N, Stein G, Boland M, eds. Children, Families, and HIV/AIDS: Psychosocial and Therapeutic Issues. New York: Guilford Press; 1995:291-310.
- Rosen DS, Blum RW, et al. Society for Adolescent Medicine. Transition to adult health care for adolescents and young adults with chronic conditions: position paper of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. J Adolesc Health. 2003 Oct;33(4):309-11.
- Yep GA. Overcoming barriers in HIV/ AIDS education for Asian Americans: Toward more effective cultural communication. In: Confronting the AIDS epidemic: Cross-cultural perspectives on HIV/AIDS education. Umeh DC, editor. (pp. 219-230). Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press. 1997.
- Chodon T. The Role of Culture in HIV/AIDS Health Care--A Practical Guide for Providers Serving Asian and Pacific Islander Americans. New York: Asian and Pacific Islander Coalition on HIV/AIDS; 2001.
- Cohen MS. Families coping with childhood chronic illness: A research review. Families, Systems & Health. 1999:17(2):149-164.
- Yu D. Clinician's Guide to Working with Asians and Pacific Islanders. API Wellness Center. 1999.
- Yoshioka MR, Chin J, Manzon JA. Asians & Pacific Islanders living with HIV/AIDS in New York City: in search of cultural competence. Int Conf AIDS. 1996 Jul 7-12; 11: 207 (abstract no. Mo.D.1908). Asian & Pacific Islander Coalition on HIV/AIDS, (APICHA), New York, NY.
- Reiss J, Gibson R. Health care transition: destinations unknown. Pediatrics. 2002 Dec;110(6 Pt 2):1307-14.
- Berlin EA, Fowkes WC. A teaching framework for cross-cultural health care--Application in family practice, In: Cross-cultural Medicine. West J. Med. 1983, 12: 139, 93-98.
- Gerson AC, Joyner M, Fosarelli P, et al. Disclosure of HIV diagnosis to children: when, where, why, and how. J Pediatr Health Care. 2001 Jul-Aug;15(4):161-7.
- Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations (AAPCHO). Taking Action: Improving Access to Health Care for Asians and Pacific Islanders (pp. 1-38). Oakland, CA: AAPCHO. 1995.
- Neinstein LS. Adolescent Health Curriculum. Los Angeles: University of Southern California; 2004.
- Smith S, McClaugherty LO. Adolescent homosexuality: a primary care perspective. Am Fam Physician. 1993 Jul;48(1):33-6.
- Choi K-H, Lew S, Vittinghoff E et al. The efficacy of brief group counseling in HIV risk reduction among homosexual Asian and Pacific Islander men. AIDS. 1996;10:81-87.
- Boyd-Franklin N. Black Families in Therapy: A Multisystems Approach. New York: Guilford; 1989
- Inouye J. The Invisible Disease: HIV/AIDS. In: Asian Americans, Asian Voices: Asian and Asian American Health Educators Speak Out, Zahn L, editor. 82-105. Jones & Bartlett Publishers. 1999.
- Yep GA. HIV/AIDS in Asian and Pacific Islander communities in the US: A review, analysis and integration. International Quarterly of Community Health Education 13:293-315. 1993.
- Matteson, DR. Bisexual and homosexual behavior and HIV risk among Chinese-, Filipino- and Korean-American men. The Journal of Sex Research, 34, 93-104. 1997.