ARV Treatment and Adherence: Resources
- Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy. In Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents. November 3, 2008; 92-94.
- Adherence and HIV/AIDS. HRSA CARE ACTION. May 2005.
- Adherence to Antiretroviral Therapy for Children, Youth and Families. Gross, E. François-Xavier Bagnoud Center of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. 2004. This self-study module outlines issues pertinent to adherence to antiretroviral therapy (ART) in children and youth, and suggests intervention strategies that may be of help in supporting children, youth and families.
- Adherence to HIV Treatment Regimens: Recommendations for Best Practices. Jani, AA, Ed. American Public Health Association. June 2004.
- Adolescent HIV Care Protocol From: Ryan C, Futterman D. Lesbian and Gay Youth. New York: Columbia University Press; 1998. [Table 14.3].
- Clinical Manual for Management of the HIV-Infected Adult, 2006 Edition. Coffey S, ed. AIDS Education & Training Centers; 2006.
- Treatments for HIV & AIDS (Available in English and Spanish).
- Database of Antiretroviral Drug Interactions. HIV InSite website. Interactive database.
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents. Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adult and Adolescents. Department of Health and Human Services. November 3, 2008; 1-113.
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Pediatric HIV Infection. Working Group on Antiretroviral Therapy and Medical Management of HIV-Infected Children. July 29, 2008; 1-134.
- HIV Classification: CDC and WHO Staging Systems. In: Clinical Manual for Management of the HIV-Infected Adult. Coffey, S, Ed. 2006.
- Medication Teaching Guide. Northwest AIDS Education and Training Center. March 2008.
- Adolescent Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions. Federally funded research network. Site includes resources and publications.
- AIDS Clinical Trials Information Service (ACTIS). Federal portal for HIV/AIDS information, including a clinical trials database.
- ClinicalTrials.Gov Resources. Fact sheets about clinical trial participation from federal clearninghouse.
- Adherence. Margolese S. The Well Project. July 2003. Article from website by and for HIV-infected women.
- Adherence Strategies That Can Work for You. Cichocki M. About.com HIV/AIDS Guide.
- General Adherence Information. About.com resource listing.
- Adhering To My HIV Treatment Regimen. Fact sheet providing practical tips for adhering to HIV treatment regimens. AIDSInfo.nih.gov. Also available in Spanish.
- AIDS InfoNet. HIV treatment, medication, and disease fact sheets. Material written to be easy to understand, and all fact sheets are available in English and Spanish.
- e-pill. Online store selling products to improve adherence (pill boxes, alarms).
- HIV and Its Treatment: What You Should Know. Fact sheet series with an overview of HIV infection and treatment beneficial for individuals recently diagnosed with HIV infection or who are considering starting HIV treatment. Includes information on testing, medications, treatment adherence, pregnancy, and prevention. From aidsinfo.nih.gov. Also available en español.
- Making MEDS Work for You. Lerner-Weiss N, Burr C. François-Xavier Bagnoud Center, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Booklet for young people with HIV infection who have decided to begin antiretroviral therapy. Written with the ongoing input of an advisory group of experts in HIV care and young people living with HIV, the booklet discusses how antiretroviral medicines work in the body and makes suggestions about successfully managing medication schedules. 2005.