- Branson BM, Handsfield HH, Lampe MA, et al. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006 Sep 22;55(RR-14):1-17.
- Ridley CR. Imperatives for ethnic and cultural relevance in psychology training programs. Prof Psychol Res Pr. 1985;16(5):611-622.
- Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. Smedley BD, Stith AY, Nelson AR, eds. Washington: National Academies Press; 2003.
- Working Group on Antiretroviral Therapy and Medical Management of HIV-Infected Children. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Pediatric HIV Infection. July 29, 2008. 1-134.
- Ryan C, Futterman D. Lesbian and Gay Youth. New York: Columbia University Press; 1998.
- Machtinger EL, Bangsberg DR. Adherence to HIV Antiretroviral Therapy. In: Peiperl L, Coffey S, Volberding PA, eds. HIV InSite Knowledge Base [textbook online]; San Francisco: UCSF Center for HIV Information; May 2005.
- Chesney MA. The elusive gold standard. Future perspectives for HIV adherence assessment and intervention. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2006 Dec 1;43 Suppl 1:S149-55.
- Meichenbaum D, Turk DC. Facilitating treatment adherence: A practitioner's guidebook. New York, NY: Plenum Press. 1987.
- Viani RM, Peralta L, Aldrovandi G, et al. Adolescent Medicine Trials Network for HIV/AIDS Interventions. Prevalence of primary HIV-1 drug resistance among recently infected adolescents: a multicenter adolescent medicine trials network for HIV/AIDS interventions study. J Infect Dis. 2006 Dec 1;194(11):1505-9.
- Murphy, DA, Durako SJ, Moscicki AB, et al. Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network. No change in health risk behaviors over time among HIV infected adolescents in care: role of psychological distress. J Adolesc Health. 2001 Sep;29(3 Suppl):57-63.
- Personal communication with Bret J. Rudy, MD, Associate Division Chief, Craig Dalsimer Division of Adolescent Medicine, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Sbarbaro JA. The patient-physician relationship: compliance revisited. Ann Allergy. 1990 Apr;64(4):325-31.
- Murphy DA, Wilson CM, Durako SJ, et al. Adolescent Medicine HIV/AIDS Research Network. Antiretroviral medication adherence among the REACH HIV-infected adolescent cohort in the USA. AIDS Care. 2001 Feb;13(1):27-40.
- Rogers AS, Miller S, Murphy DA, et al. TREAT Project Team. The TREAT (Therapeutic Regimens Enhancing Adherence in Teens) program: theory and preliminary results. J Adolesc Health. 2001 Sep;29(3 Suppl):30-8.
- Hawkins T. Appearance-related side effects of HIV-1 treatment. AIDS Patient Care and STDs; 2006;20:6-18.